Thursday, July 2, 2009

On the blog

In an effort to document my every move, I've decided to start a blog. Well, I'm not looking to document everything but I figure I should start a blog so that my friends abroad can have slightly more frequent updates about my goings-on. So for those of you in Malaysia, Bhutan, and beyond, this blog is for you!

So an update for you. I've decided to start running. Yes, I know, it's ridiculous to start running when it's 100+ degrees in town, but I'm getting antsy from sitting inside all day in my air-conditioned winter wonderland. But honestly, I'm mostly doing it for health reasons and personal satisfaction. My goal is to go from zero to P.F. Changs half-marathon in about six months. I think it's a lofty yet attainable goal. We'll see what happens. On the side of the blog, you can see how many miles I've run. I hope that number slowly increases, but the fact that running is only possible between 10pm and 6am makes me a bit nervous.

I'll be sure to post more soon about all that's going on. Expect posts in the future regarding:

1) Law school applications
2) Foreign Service Exams
3) Fulbright applications
4) Peace Corps application
5) My thesis
6) Other ramblings


2 comments:

Eva said...

Yays! I don't see the running counter, though. Water damaged condos go for about 50 grand and I am looking at some of them tomorrow. I should keep in mind that it rains more in Seattle...

An Economist said...

Yeah, I originally had a running counter but it was a hassle, so I took it down. :) I'm running though!

Yikes, water damage in Seattle probably means a lot of damage!